Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who's honoring us now?

Three pieces from Abstract Comics: The Anthology are listed in the "notable comics" section of The Best American Comics 2010--specifically Derik Badman's, Warren Craghead's, and Alexey Sokolin. Also included on the list is "[otherwise untitled]" from my book, Nautilus. I don't think I mentioned this anywhere, but in the 2009 edition my piece "Expedition to the Interior," as published in Blurred Vision 4, was included on the same list. Thanks, Matt and Jessica!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for posting that, I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting for TBAC 2010, and wondering if Abstract Comics would get any notice.

    Good news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try again.
    That's great news!
    Just to clarify the comics made the short list but not the final cut to get republished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Draw--

    correct--they are in the "notable comics" list at the back of the book. That list is compiled only by the series editors--Matt Madden and Jessica Abel--and not by the guest editor (in this case Neil Gaiman). That's why I wrote "listed" and not "reprinted"--I don't want to mislead anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.